Fever

As a mother of a kid of 3 years old, you would think that I know everything about kid fever... but no... I actually learned something new today!


I just realized that each one of the thermometers I have at home actually give me a different reading!!! Can you imagine that? Not only do you have to worry about your kid having a fever, not eating and drinking properly, you also have to worry about which thermometer you should use!!!


I have so many thermometers at home. I have a "Vick" brand, a "Life" brand, 2 "Safety 1st" and an ear thermometer from "Braun". Why do I have so many? because some of these thermometers take too long to read, others are hard to use... and now, I wonder which is the more accurate one! 


My son has fever now, I was using different thermometers, depending on where i was at home, at the grand parents, upstairs, downstairs, you name it...  and I was surprised about the fluctuation in the temperatures...so i decided today to measure with several of them to "double check"... and to my surprise, none of them gave me the same reading!!! My son had a mild fever and the readings varied between 37.7 to 38.5.... 


Called Info-Sante, and the only they told me is " oh it's normal to get plus or minus 10% of difference in the readings, it just gives you an idea whether of not the kid has fever... "  oh well, I guess as moms we have to use our own judgment.... you can't even depend on a thermometer!!!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2009 - GagaGougou - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Blogger Theme distributed by FREE Templates 4U